- Volunteered: We collect and retain any information you enter on our Site or provide through our Services. If you set up an account or register with us, download an application, fill out a profile page, scan receipts to our application, send us an email, or otherwise provide us with personally identifiable information in any other way, we will collect and store the information you share. You do not have to share this information with us, but without it you may not be able to access certain content or features with respect to the Site or Services.
- Use of Social Media Applications. Gigway allows users to log in and access our Services through a third party social media application (i.e. Facebook Connect) and enables the Services to work in conjunction with other third party services, i.e. Four Square (each such third party service, a "Third Party App"). If you choose to log in through a Third Party App when you first register, you will first be asked to enter your credentials. Via the Third Party App, Gigway is given access to the publically available information in your account with such third party social media for use in connection with our Services. The Third Party App works within your privacy settings as the account holder and does not access data that is not authorized by your privacy settings with that Third Party App. Please refer to the privacy settings in your account to manage your public profile and other aspects of your account. Our Services do not retain passwords from the Third Party App. We collect and retain the information provided via the Third Party App to help us to understand who you are and to personalize offers.
- Contact Information: If you provide us with contact information, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account name, cell phone number, or other address at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Gigway, such information allows us to communicate with you, such as in order to send you a prize, redemption, or other direct communication.
- Transaction Information: When you use the Services, we collect and retain the information about your shopping behavior (such as the scanned invoice information). We also collect and retain information about how you interact with Gigway and its merchants, including how you view, purchase, and redeem via the Services. We may also match this transaction information with other information we have to help us better understand you, personalize offers, and to otherwise enhance the Site or Services.
- Mobile Location Information: If you have activated the Services and permitted your device to transmit location data, we collect and retain information related to your mobile device location. Such information helps us and our merchant partners to understand users' interests and preferences and allows us to provide user real-time deals nearby. Some functional use of the Services may be dependent on the data related to your geographic location and geopositional data. If the settings on your location-aware device allow us to receive location information, we will also associate location information with other personally identifiable information we have about you.
- SMS Text Capabilities: If you have registered, or activated the part of our Services that allows you to receive SMS/text based messages from us and merchants, we will collect and retain your mobile device phone number information. We may also match this transaction information with other information we have about you to help us better understand you, what promotions are working well, and to otherwise enhance the Services and offers provided by the Services.
- Credit Card Security: When merchants subscribe to our Services, the order process may request a credit card. Order information is encrypted when it is transmitted for credit card processing to Gigway (and its credit card services provider). Encryption is a process by which we use software to scramble information in transit. The Site is also registered with site identification authorities to enable your browser to confirm Gigway's identity before any transmission is sent. The identity of our Site is automatically confirmed behind the scenes prior to the transmission of any credit card information requested to complete an online order. When confirming an order to you by email, we do not reveal the full credit card number. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- Publicly Posted Information: If you post information on public areas of the Site, such as our blog pages, that information may be collected, stored and used by anyone, including us.
- Automatic Collection: We use common internet technologies such as cookies and web beacons to keep track of users' interactions with the Site and the Services. This may include information about your internet protocol (IP) address, the pages you requested, access times, type of device, mobile carrier or access provider, and physical location. We also make use of certain tracking technologies designed to provide us with analytics about user activities on the Site and with the Services.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use this information to provide a better experience with the Site and Services. It also helps our merchant partners provide the most attractive and most relevant offers. Among other things, the information we collect enables us to:
- Operate and improve our Site and Services;
- Provide you with the most useful offers and to personalize offers;
- Evaluate eligibility for certain offers, products or services;
- Contact and communicate with you, including to provide you with additional information we think is of interest to you;
- Track redemption and perform other analytics;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to customers;
- Provide reporting for internal and external clients;
- Provide customer support, including to our merchants or business partners;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing; and
WHEN DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
Anonymous Information. Anonymous information is information that does not identify you personally, like aggregate traffic and usage information.
- We may share anonymous information with others, such as our merchants, advertisers, sponsors and business partners, such as to provide them with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data.
- We make use of certain third party tracking technologies designed to enhance your browsing experience and provide analytics. These technologies provide aggregate reporting information about usage in connection with the Site and Services. No personally identifiable information is gathered for this process.
All Information (Both Anonymous and Personally Identifiable). Personal identifiable information is individually identifying information about an individual such as first and last name, a home or other physical address, an e-mail address, a device number, a photograph, or any other identifier that permits the physical or online contact of a specific individual.
We may also share information we have collected, including personally identifiable information, in the following circumstances:
- Your personally identifiable information may be shared with service providers which are helping us make the Site and Services available and functional, like technical agents, payment processing vendors, other subcontractors, and our affiliates and consultants. These intermediaries and data processors use your information in connection with performing the services for which we have engaged them, including, by way of example, to process payments for online purchases, to deliver e-mail to our users who have chosen to receive such communications, and to process data we received (including your scanned invoices). Our service providers are only allowed to use information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them. Some intermediaries and data processors may have the right to use aggregated, non-personally-identifiable information, for example, in order to improve the delivery or quality of their services. Some of these intermediaries and data processors may perform their functions from outside of the United States.
- We will share aggregated and anonymous information with our current and prospective merchants. We may also share personally identifiable information and transaction history with those merchants where you have made purchases (based on the transaction information you provide to us). We may also provide merchants with transaction information from the individuals who have purchased at that merchant, along with corresponding personally identifiable information in order to facilitate customized offers, to validate the purchases, to aid and troubleshoot redemption, to combat fraud, and to foster a better experience between merchants and customers.
- As in any transaction, if you provide your credit card information to us for purchases, your credit card company will be provided with all relevant information about us, item(s) purchased, cost and other information necessary to process the transaction.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information if permitted or required by law or is necessary to comply with the law enforcement or in response to a search warrant, subpoena or other legal process or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our users or business partners.
- We may share your personally identifiable information during due diligence or in preparation for or after a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation.
- If you give us permission, we may share your personally identifiable information with third parties who might send you marketing and promotional information.
- We will maintain information about you in our records until it is no longer needed for business, tax, and legal purposes.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
The Site is not intended for children under age 13, or for anyone under age 18 without involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect or distribute information from or about children under 13.
Information that Gigway collects is stored on servers that Gigway manages, using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Gigway cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services and you do so at your own risk.
Our Site is visible to all but our Services are currently only available in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that Gigway processes and stores information in the United States and your use of our Site constitutes your consent to and understanding of such. However, all information may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state or country or to a jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location.
Privacy Practices of Third Parties
Or you can contact us by mail at: Gigway, Inc., 130 West Union Street, Pasadena, CA 91103
Updated: February 4, 2013